photo: Beata Bernina
1 Blind Baked 10" Pate Sucree Tart Shell
4 oz sugar
4 oz orange juice
1 T orange zest
1 rose geranium leaf, wrapped in cheese cloth
8 oz raspberries
• In a stainless steel saucepan, combine + bring to a boil all ingredients except the raspberries.
• Add half the raspberries, lower the heat and simmer 3-4 minutes.
• Cool and strain.
Brown Butter Filling:
8 oz butter
1/2 vanilla bean
3 eggs, room temperature
7 1/2 oz sugar
2 oz pastry flour
1 T cream
1/8 t orange zest
1/4 t lemon zest
• In a medium saucepan brown the butter with the vanilla bean. Let cool until lukewarm.
• Sift the flour and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, cream, salt and zests.
• Whisk together the warm butter and egg mixture followed by the flour + salt. Strain.
Assemble the Tart:
• Spread the raspberry filling in the baked tart shell
• Scatter fresh raspberries over the sauce.
• Fill the shell with the brown butter filling 3/4 of the way up.
• (Optional) Top with 3 oz of sliced, lightly toasted almonds.
• Bake at 350 until the filling is set, about 25 minutes.
• Cool on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve room temperature.