Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Can Drink Ranch Dressing



When I go to the kitchen to work, I get lunch. No one is going to feel bad for me, but this can be distressing. I am a vain person and can not eat all of the rich delicacies that are produced there because I have clothes to fit into. Such a conflict: I love all the rich foods and I love my clothes. To accommodate my special demands for the taming of these glutinous feasts, I've been served as of late hearty and healthful stews, roasted vegetable plates, and salads like this one. Very filling, very delicious. Fruit and white beans were lightly dressed with spicy ranch, and crisp greens got a simple olive oil and white balsamic dressing. Did I mention the ricotta was roasted and drizzled with chestnut honey? Well it was, just a hint of gluttony so as not to feel deprived. It's good to go to work. It's good to fit into one's clothes.

RANCH DRESSING

One Shallot & One Clove Garlic finely chopped & sauteed slowly in olive oil until caramelized & cooled to room temperature
1/4 Cup Best Foods Mayo
1/4 Cup Creme Fraiche
1/4 Cup Buttermilk
One Bunch Chives, finely chopped
Salt, Pepper, and Crushed Chili Flakes or Hungarian Paprika to taste

Combine and Enjoy on Everything!!


1 comment:

Leslie said...

i've wondered how you stay so little!
....uh, both of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...